Incoming Exchange Students

Are you looking for a destination for your experience abroad? Center of International Programs (CIP), Donghua University offers full English-taught business incoming exchange programs in the dynamic and diverse city of Shanghai,China.



Q: What is the study duration and application deadline?

A: Here we offer 2 intake each year.

spring intakefall intake
Study periodMar.1-Jul.15


Application deadlineDec.30 of the previous yearJune 30

  *The holidays are in accordance with China Public Holidays. We do not have Christmas holiday.  


Q: How much does the program cost? 

A:  The non-refundable application fee is CNY 800.

      The tuition fee is CNY 25,000 per semester. 

      And if you apply for on-campus dormitory ( check, the cost is around CNY 7,000 per semester for a double room.

    If you are looking for off-campus accommodation, you may refer to  


Q: How does the application process go and what documents do I need?

A: Please download the application form here, fill it in and send it to

Application form.xls  


 After receiving your application, we will email you back for the required documents, which include:  

* A copy of your passport

* A Proof of Enrollment from your current university

* Transcripts from your current university

* English proficiency certificate (IELTS/TOEFL) for non-native English speakers

* A personal statement (briefly introduce your academic background, your study plan and your interest in the major you chose)

* A photo of you (bareheaded photo within 6 month)  


Q: What course(s) should I choose? How do I know if the courses I take in Donghua University can be accepted for credit transfer? 

A: For each semester, the courses we offer may differ based on the amount of registered students. So please check our website or email us to confirm the available courses before your application. It is highly suggested that you ask for the course syllabus from us and confirm with your home university if the course credits can be transferred back.


Q: What kind of visa should I have and how does it work?

A: Once admitted, students will receive Letter of Admission and JW202 form (for visa application) from Donghua University. Students then can apply for STUDENT VISA (X1 or X2) visa in their home country. Please note that only student visa can be accepted for studying in Donghua. You may also need to prepare other documents like bank statement, health check report and police report , depending on the Embassy/Consulate.

    For one-semester student, X2 visa will be issued. Please note that this is a single-entry visa.


Q: How can I pay the application fee and tuition? How can I bring money to China?

A: Students can pay online in the application system with Master/Visa Card , Unionpay card, Wechat or Alipay. Before you come to China, please check with your bank the limit of each withdrawl and how much it costs for service charge.